A full body relaxation massage is perfect for anyone who has a busy lifestyle, needs some down time to relax or has general aches and pains.
All of our G-Vitalize Remedial Therapists are trained in Relaxation massage, also known as Swedish Massage.
Who is a relaxation massage good for?
A relaxation massage is best used for individuals under high stress levels or individual with poor circulation. As one relaxes their nervous system shifts from an alert, fight or flight state into a relaxed parasympathetic rest and digest state. his helps to lower cortisone which is a stress related hormone which increases one's chance of weight gain, illness and hormonal dysfunction.
What is the pressure like in a relaxation massage?
The pressure is usually lighter in a relaxation massage however a firmer approach can be used just simply mention your pressure request with your Therapist.
Health Benefits of Relaxation Massage include:
- Naturally lowers high blood pressure
- Improves quaility of sleep
- Stimulates immune system by boosting white blood cells
- Improves circulation
- Decreases tense or hypertonic muscle
- Naturally lowers stress levels
- Aids in hormonal balancing
- Natural way to help with depression and anxiety
- Improves lymphatic flow